Members Choice of Central
Texas Federal Credit Union
Waco VA Hospital (pictured)
If you live, work, worship or go to school in McLennan, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, Hill, Limestone, Milam or Robertson Counties (Texas), you can become a
member-owner with a simple $5 share deposit. Call 254-776-7070 for info.
• Application for charter was made by 9 Waco V.A. Hospital employees. Charter was granted on March 15, 1935.
• Veterans Administration Facility, Waco, Texas Federal Credit Union held the first annual meeting on January 17, 1936.
1949 - 1969
• In March of 1949, the Credit Union reached $100,000 in share business.
• In September of 1949, the Credit Union reached $100,000 in loans.
• With increased deposit growth and decreased loan demand, the Credit Union made loans to other credit unions.
• Significant investments were made in government bonds, savings and loan shares and Certificates of Deposit.
• The Board voted to shorten the Credit Union’s name to Waco V.A. Federal Credit Union.
1970 - 1989
• The Credit Union purchased it’s first computer system.
• The NCUA approved merger between Waco V.A. Credit Union and the Marlin V.A. Credit Union.
• The Credit Union’s name was changed to Waco-Marlin Federal Credit Union
• Waco-Marlin FCU opened the newly built Waco Office
• A new share draft program began.
• The Board approved the purchase of land for a new Marlin office which was opened in June of 1979.
• The NCUA approved the merger of the Central Texas Baptist Federal Credit Union and Torbetts Federal Credit Union with Waco-Marlin FCU.
• The NCUA approved the merger of Falls County Federal Credit Union with Waco-Marlin FCU.
1990 - 1999
• In 1992, the first ATM machines were installed.
• The Board approved the purchase of land for an additional Waco branch in 1993. The branch opened in 1995.
• Waco-Marlin FCU merges with Young Brothers Employees Credit Union in December of 1994.
• Land was purchased for a new drive-thru facility next to the main Waco branch in 1996.
• The NCUA, in 1997, approved the merger of Pure Milk Employees Credit Union with Waco-Marlin FCU.
• With Board approval, Waco-Marlin FCU implemented a Home Equity Lending Program.
• Risk based lending was introduced.
• Waco-Marlin FCU established an internet web site.
• A New 8 lane drive through behind the main branch opened.
• The NCUA approved the addition of the Temple Veterans Hospital to the Credit Union’s field of membership.
• The NCUA approved the Credit Union’s requested name change to Members Choice of Central Texas Federal Credit Union.
2000 - 2006
• Thankfully, the world did not end on December 31, 1999.
• A new data processing system was purchased and T-1 lines were run between branches. The installation and training took more than one full year to complete.
• The NCUA approved the charter expansion for both McLennan (Waco) and Falls Counties (Marlin).
• Expansion plans at the main (Waco) branch are approved.
• The Charter expansion request for Bell County (Temple) was granted.
• With main branch additions complete, the Call Center opened.
• Internet banking was added to convenience services.
• The Local Electricians FCU merged with Members Choice FCU.
• Members Choice of Central Texas FCU was recognized with the TCUL PAC 100% Board Participation Award.
2007 - 2010
• Added 11 ATM’s in Waco area CEFCO convenience stores for free member usage.
• Updated e-commerce services; full web site redesign, enhancements to online branch, online billpay and online loan applications.
• Added full service mortgage department to help members finance home purchases and re-finance adjustable rate and balloon mortgages. Members Choice will not offer adjustable rate or balloon payment options.
• Security measures are continually updated for online branch as well as brick-and-mortar branches.
• Created an Online Learning Center to help members of all ages become aware of sound financial choices and to avoid predatory “for-profit” lenders.
• E-Statements and convenience services are improved.
• Federal deposit insurance is guaranteed by the US Government to at least $250,000 for further member peace of mind through NCUA.
2011 - 2013
• The NCUA approved the charter expansion for Bosque, Coryell, Hill, Limestone, Milam and Robertson counties.
• Real Mobile Branch was added including dedicated iPhone, Android and other phone applications for direct interface with member accounts. Apps available in iPhone App Store & Droid Marketplace.
• Online Branch was upgraded to include pending/debit items and more user features.
• Members Choice FCU becomes the first Federal Credit Union in Waco to offer mobile platforms for members.
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life and economic well being of all those we serve.
Our vision is to be our communities’ preferred financial institution.
Real People have Real Needs.
Members Choice offers Real Financial Options
At Members Choice Federal Credit Union we've always worked hard to offer the best in first rate financial services. As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, we're owned, controlled, and operated for the benefit of our members. Our goal is simple: to provide affordable credit and financial services.